Art Alexion on 7 Feb 2006 13:28:43 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Fwd: [Sc-Ir] FW: The AOL - Good Mail TAX !!!

William H. Magill wrote:

>> And for many of us, this identification  fee is not even an option.
>> To be
>> eligible for Goodmail accreditation, you must "have business
>> headquarters
>> located in the United States or  Canada." Foreigners need not
>> bother. You
>> must also "have at least a 6 month mailing history from [the] IP"
>> address
>> from which you are sending your  newsletter. This of course makes  it
>> very
>> difficult to switch  ISPs if you are  not satisfied with the  one
>> you are
>> using. A new ISP means a new  IP address, and Goodmail will then
>> shut you
>> down for "at least 6 months." A nice 'protection' plan for the ISP,
>> but a
>> disaster for customers.

I am a bit skeptical of this FUD as AOL & Yahoo do a lot of business
outside the US & Canada and want to do more.

--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for alarm.
Info @ http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/signature.asc.what.html

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c