Will Dyson on 18 Feb 2006 01:03:27 -0000

Re: [PLUG] NTFS rescue disk?

On 2/14/06, gyoza@comcast.net <gyoza@comcast.net> wrote:
> parted  http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/
>
> Ronald Kaye Jr wrote:
> > along similar lines ...
> > can you recommend a (free) win tool to change partition sizes,
> > SO
> > i can setup SUSE 10
> > AND
> > dual boot?

A combination of parted and ntfsresize is what what current Debian
(and Ubuntu) installers use to resize and existing NTFS partition when
dual-booting. Worked great on my laptop (the 5.10 Ubuntu installer).

I'd be quite surprised if the Suse 10 installer cannot walk you
through it in a similarly painless manner. No need for a windows-based
tool.

--
Will Dyson