Christopher Shanahan on 18 Feb 2006 03:13:09 -0000

Re: [PLUG] slackware part2

On Friday 17 February 2006 19:12, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:

> Anyway, I have often heard people wax rhapsodic about E, but, for the
> record, could you tell us what catapults E17 for you into underlined
> amazingness?  I'd at least like to know what I'm missing.

Well, for starters, E17 runs really well on my old hardware, as opposed to
some of the larger, more resource-intensive DEs (read KDE and Gnome). Truth
is, that's all I have at home -- old hardware. Regardless, E17 is more than
just a DE. E17 includes an entire set of libraries and graphics tools. Its a
complete graphical experience for your desktop that's completely configurable,
similar to FVWM -- and others I'm sure. And it looks great, without the high
price of modern hardware.

--
Christopher Shanahan