Jeff Abrahamson on 18 Feb 2006 00:13:17 -0000

Re: [PLUG] slackware part2

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 06:14:45PM -0500, Christopher Shanahan wrote:
> _amazing_ E17 as an alternative to KDE. Wow!
>
> http://madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=6190

I used to use Enlightenment when I first started using linux.  It was
cool, but then I ended up moving to sawfish for some reason.  I always
assumed my lack of being impressed had to do with being red-green
deficient and so missing some interesting color play.  That or me
being averse to busy themes.  I even once contemplated switching to
Ratpoison, but decided that was just a bit too extreme for me.

Anyway, I have often heard people wax rhapsodic about E, but, for the
record, could you tell us what catapults E17 for you into underlined
amazingness?  I'd at least like to know what I'm missing.

--
 Jeff

 Jeff Abrahamson  <http://www.purple.com/jeff/>    +1 215/837-2287