Walt Mankowski on 18 Feb 2006 00:26:27 -0000

Re: [PLUG] slackware part2

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 07:12:52PM -0500, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 06:14:45PM -0500, Christopher Shanahan wrote:
> > _amazing_ E17 as an alternative to KDE. Wow!
> >
> > http://madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=6190
>
> I used to use Enlightenment when I first started using linux.  It was
> cool, but then I ended up moving to sawfish for some reason.  I always
> assumed my lack of being impressed had to do with being red-green
> deficient and so missing some interesting color play.  That or me
> being averse to busy themes.  I even once contemplated switching to
> Ratpoison, but decided that was just a bit too extreme for me.
>
> Anyway, I have often heard people wax rhapsodic about E, but, for the
> record, could you tell us what catapults E17 for you into underlined
> amazingness?  I'd at least like to know what I'm missing.

Well, I'm not colorblind but I've always felt the same way about E.
Though admitedly this is the first time I've taken a look at E17
screenshots, and it doesn't look nearly as horrifically ugly as I
expect from E.

I've never understood the appeal of tranparent terminal windows,
either. :)

Walt