Eric Hidle on 3 Mar 2006 11:47:27 -0000

Re: [PLUG] [OT] Comcast RBL

The problem with running a mail server on comcast is that more and more places are blacklisting comcast IPs as origins of SPAM.... I constantly get bounces telling me to go through comcast's mail server to send mail... argh...

tek@undergroundinfection.net wrote:
Maybe now is a good time to setup your own mail server. The only thing I
rely on comcast for, is access. And they can barely do that right. Spend
the 6 bucks, get a domain, set up qmail and pretend comast is a good isp.
We could hope for a better cable provider but the government killed that
chance by deciding that the cable companies don't have to share the
wire(gotta love monopolies). Personally I think once the electric
companies finalise broadband through a power outlet(it's coming), comcast
is done for. Prices will drop and competetion will be back in the game.
right now the only true competitor is verizon(hehe) and they're more than
happy to be the next aol(cheap slower internet).