Paul L. Snyder on 22 Mar 2006 18:12:57 -0000

Linuxbiernacht follow-up (was Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] PLUG West Linuxbiernacht (Mon Mar 20, 7pm) at The Drafting Room in Exton)

Thanks to everyone who showed up!

I counted 22 attendees at the peak.  There was a lot of energy
and good conversation.  We definitely have a lot of interest in
more PLUG West events.

Unisys has reiterated their offer to host a meeting at their Malvern
campus (and potentially future meetings as well).  I'm thinking that
this would be a good choice of venue for an April meeting (and possibly
for future meetings, as well).  Unisys has volunteered to give a
presentation on some of their open source activities, so we also have a
topic (though beer will not be a part of the agenda).

Several folks from the MontCo LUG showed up, and expressed the hope
that the meetings will not be regularly held on the third Monday of
month, as that conflicts with their regular meetings.  For the next
meeting, I am considering proposing Thursday, April 20. Any thoughts
on that?

I'm planning to send a follow-up message to everyone who RSVP'd, as a
lot of folks were not subscribed to the PLUG mailing list.

Paul