Paul L. Snyder on 27 Mar 2006 15:21:27 -0000

PLUG West Update; call for comments (was Re: [PLUG] Exton LUG?)

Quoting Andrew Libby <andrew.libby@gmail.com>:

> The first meeting went quite well.  It was a social gathering,
> but a good turn out.  It seems that there is decent interest in
> a group in the western suburbs.  I believe Paul Snyder has
> taken on more of the organizational role, with any luck he'll
> chime in on your offer.

*ding*

I'd say there is plenty of interest (22 attendees at the first meet
and more people who wanted to make it but couldn't), and a second
is definitely happening.  We're calling these "PLUG West" events,
and things are being run as an extension of PLUG than a completely
separate group.  If you're in PLUG West, you're in PLUG, and vice
versa.

Thanks for the offer of space, that's great.  Unisys has offered
space, as well, and this was discussed briefly at Biernacht as the
venue for PLUG West meeting #2.  We had tentatively agreed on Monday,
April 17 at Unisys in Malvern as the date and venue for that meeting.

As mentioned previously, we probably want to find a date other than
third Mondays for the regular meeting day (due to the bimonthly
conflict with MontcoLUG), but I am inclined to keep April 17 for the
next meeting.  It has agreement from Unisys (the Unisys Linux Systems
group will be the presenter at the the meeting), and it will probably
be easier to canvas a mass of folks in the room for alternate dates
that will be convenient for as possible.  We can then conclude the
scheduling discussions on the list.

  * If anyone doesn't like the plan to meet on April 17 at Unisys,
    please let me know by tomorrow. *

  * If anyone has suggestions for regular meeting dates, please
    propose them. *

  * If you want to give a presentation at a PLUG or PLUG West meeting,
    speak up!  Let us know what you'd like to speak about. *

> Either way, we hope to see you at one of the meetings.

Seconded!  And the same to everyone who didn't make it to Linuxbiernacht....

pls