John Von Essen on 12 Apr 2006 00:24:48 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Computer / Industrial / Military Surplus Stores In Philadelphia?

In State College there was a surplus and salvage warehouse that sold random old computer stuff, lab equipment, furniture from the 70's, and some farm equipment. But thats a 3 1/2 hour drive! I would imagine some of the local Philly universities have something similar. I grew up in Philly, had an old high school physics teacher that told me about how he would get stuff from a surplus department at either Penn or Drexel - if he didn't grab it, they would just trash it.

-john