gyoza on 18 Apr 2006 02:21:11 -0000

OT: Re: [PLUG] Re: [agilephilly] Fwd: [XP] Coding Dojo

Jason Nocks wrote:
> There's also some discussion around the proper words to use, perhaps instead
> of, or in addition to, Kata:
>
> http://blogs.pragprog.com/cgi-bin/pragdave.cgi/Practices/MoreKata.rdoc

(I have finally added OT to the subject.)

Just scanning the text, I see a bunch of words that I'm familiar with
from some martial arts training, reading about Zen, studying Japanese,
and of course watching movies.  heh  The most interesting word is "koan"
which, again, happens to be more accurately transliterated as "kouan"
with the "u" added.

"kouan | Zen question for meditation (e.g. the sound of one hand clapping)"

The words seems to be understood correctly.