Ottey, Daniel William on 18 Apr 2006 15:30:39 -0000

RE: [PLUG] burning CD's with long file names

I use "mkisofs -r -T -J -pad -d" when creating my ISO images, and that
seems to work well.  I can't for certain say which parameter
specifically helps with the long file names, though.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Abrahamson
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 11:15 AM
To: PLUG
Subject: [PLUG] burning CD's with long file names

When I burn CD's, I see long file names, but my Windows and Mac friends
often don't.  I'm wondering what to incant so that they see the world
well, too.  Any tips?

I've read the manual for cdrecord many times.  I've tried a few options
that make sense to me.  It doesn't generally help off linux/etc.

I burn CD's thus:

    burn ()
    {
	if [ "X$1" = "X" ]; then
	    burn_path=.;
	else
	    burn_path="$*";
	fi;
	mkisofs -r $burn_path | cdrecord -v -eject speed=2
dev=/dev/cdrom -data -;
	unset burn_path
    }

Thanks.