gyoza on 27 Apr 2006 23:59:01 -0000

Re: [PLUG] FIOS

Art Clemons wrote:
>   Incidentally with a little skill, one
> could likely power the small UPS with a car battery kept charged up by
> an automobile, meaning that until gasoline disappeared to power the car,
> one could have phone service and internet service if one has a laptop or
> other similar entity.

Yeah...that's not really practical.  heh  But, if things are that bad,
I'd evacuate.

Anyway, a wired phone seems to be the most reliable emergency link in a
home.  I actually used 911 through Vonage.  I got to the local police
department, but they had no clue where I am.  In the time it took to
fill them in anything could have happened.