Marc Zucchelli on 6 May 2006 16:52:24 -0000

[PLUG] Is anyone running vmware?

I heard there is now a free version.  I went on the
site and it looks like vmware player is the only free
product.  It says it can run any virtual machine
created by the vmware workstation, etc.  Would this
mean that I'd have to purchase the vmware workstation
anyway, and if I had that, why would I need the
player.

There are 2 or 3 windows programs that I need for my
business, and I hate booting out of linux and into
windows, it wastes so much time.  My options are to
buy another box, or to start running vmware.

Does anybody have any experience with this?