Toby DiPasquale on 7 May 2006 03:31:52 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Is anyone running vmware?

On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 07:51:39PM -0700, Marc Zucchelli wrote:
> To further my question...I have a dual boot system,
> windows/linux.  Is it possible to configure vmware to
> boot and run off of my existing windows partition?

No. VMware is OS virtualization software, not hardware virtualization
software. If Xen supports Windows, you might be able to use that to run
Windows and Linux simultaneously on the same machine, but I only know that
this is possible, not how to do it.

--
Toby DiPasquale