George Gallen on 10 May 2006 15:52:50 -0000

[PLUG] Apache server not serving...

Title: Apache server not serving...

This has been bugging me for a couple years now...

I have a Redhat server (7.2) that has two NICS (eth0=10.10.) address, the other is a (eth1=192.168).
call eth0 site1.domain.com and eth1 site2.domain.com
Our corp network passes an internet IP through a firewall => 192.168 address
Our internal corp network has the 10.10 addressing.

Apache (1.3.27)

The server works perfectly on the 10.10. Any requests to site1.domain.com work as expected, the
   HTML code is returned, all .cgi's work, and all images are sent.

When one tries to access the system using the 192.168 side, Any requests to site2.domain.com
   will return the HTML code as expected, and run the .cgi's as expected, however, I never
   get any of the images.

Now, the strange part. If you look at the access logs, it shows the images as being sent?
  with the correct time and file size.

I've been assured by our IIT staff that the firewall could not be possibly blocking them.

There are no errors logged anywhere. Can anyone think of anything to check into?

Generally this hasn't been an issue because all of web stuff that needed to be done externally,
  did not require images, just the html/cgi pages. But now I'm working on a project with images.

I will have to setup a tcpdump on the eth1 tonight to monitor output to see what is actually being sent.

Yes, I know the OS is old...that won't change, and the Apache is old, but the problem has existed
   on older versions of apache as well, I don't think upgrading will solve this issue.

George Gallen
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Accounting/Data Division
ggallen@slackinc.com
ph:856.848.1000 Ext 220

SLACK Incorporated - Delivering the best in health care information and education worldwide.
http://www.slackinc.com