Douglas Muth on 14 May 2006 18:47:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] was DCA now Speakeasy

I am on a Covad circuit. I asked them once about changing, and they said I would have to deal with Verizon, to whom I would have to pay hefty start-up fees. Speakeasy deals with the telco for me *and* charges me less *and* provides better support when things go wrong.

That's strange. I had Verizon provisioning the line from Day One, and there were no extra start up fees for me. Also, I did not have to deal with Verizon directly, I've only dealt with DCA. I paid $100 to DCA.net purchase the modem and have been paying them ~$45 a month since then.

-- Doug