Ben Dugan on 15 May 2006 13:32:10 -0000

Re: [PLUG] was DCA now Speakeasy

Jeff Abrahamson wrote:

In any case, DCA support used to be able to confirm ATM connectivity to my modem, so that at least they could say "Yes, we believe the
line works" or "Ah, I see that it doesn't work." But now they want
this rigamarole when, in fact, they apparently (based on Speakeasy)
could simply know that there's a broad outage and say so.

My Speakeasy/Covad connection was dead on Saturday morning at 9am when I came to work and was out until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. But, yes, the Speakeasy support guy was able to tell me that without qualifying me as a user of any particular OS first.

Ben