Stephen Gran on 15 May 2006 17:39:19 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Xorg and screen resolution

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 09:36:42AM -0400, Flint Heart wrote:

> Try out ubuntu.
> I love debian but I only use it for server installs nowdays.
> ubuntu for the desktop. ( when i'm not using a mac :D )

Since Ubuntu is largely Debian, either their X detection and
configuration is the same as Debian's or their hype about how they give
back to Debian is untrue.

Also, X is X is X, so it would be nice to be able to know what the
problem actually is instead of having a distro war.  Sorry I can't
actually help you, Jeff - the transition to 7.0 has been interestingly
rocky for most chipsets, and many people are having problems.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Everything you read in newspapers is    |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | absolutely true, except for that rare   |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | story of which you happen to have       |
|                                | first-hand knowledge.   -- Erwin Knoll  |