W. Chris Shank on 21 May 2006 17:08:37 -0000

[PLUG] LDAP Question

I have a centralized LDAP for my network. I'd like to change each machines local root password so that it is the same as the LDAP root. right now, users can login as root with either the LDAP root password OR the local root password. Since everyone knows the local root passwords, there is not control over who can login as root. Is there a way to force passwd to only change the local passwd?

--
W. Chris Shank
ACE Technology Group, LLC

Security Note: To protect against computer viruses,
e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving
certain types of file attachments. Check your e-mail
security settings to determine how attachments are
handled.