Ben Dugan on 25 May 2006 13:19:10 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: Speakeasy/COVAD outages yesterday

W. Chris Shank wrote:
I'm using speakeasy and have referred about 30 of my customers to them.

I basically like Speakeasy. But we've had two outages within a little over two weeks, and each has lasted 6-8 hours. The fault lies really with Covad and/or Verizon, but its served to show that although Speakeasy is my ISP, they can't do anything much when there's a problem at the CO. (Which is obvious, of course, I guess. But still leaves me without service and without a responsible party to complain to.)

it. So it was definately something with that model netopia.

The outages here in West Philadelphia are not related to particular router equipment.

As for outages, I haven't had any major problems in 2 years and i have customers using them all over the general area.

I've had very few outages until recently.