George Gallen on 26 May 2006 18:51:04 -0000

RE: [PLUG] [mtu discovery] Apache server not serving...

ok. back to this.
Going on the premise that the firewall is not the issue.

The problem started when replaced our old machine with the new machine
  (couple years ago).

The new machine has 5 NICS, one on the motherboard, which is the 10.10 network
   and the one that seems to be fine.

The other 4 are 3com boards 10/100/1000, and it's one of these cards 192.168
   which talks to the firewall then to the internet.

Could there be a problem with the NIC card which would be causing an mtu problem?
I checked the eth1.info in the /proc directory, and the MTU is reported fine.

I'm going to try to switch over to one of the other NICs as well to see if that
  helps.

George