Tom Diehl on 29 May 2006 16:57:07 -0000

[PLUG] Re: Speakeasy/COVAD outages yesterday

On Mon, 29 May 2006, Doug Crompton wrote:

> I am curious how much you (all) pay for Speakeasy? I pay $44/month - 6
> static with DCAnet. When I check a year or more ago Speakeasy was
> significantly more. DCAnet has been very relaible here.

Yes they are typically more. IIRC their residential accounts start at about
$60.00/mo. I currently have a 1.5/1.5 SDSL business account from them so
comparing my rates would be useless.

I know people have said that DCAnet gives static ip addresses but I seem to
remember some people saying they were DHCP assigned only. If that is correct
that would be a major drawback for me. I typically have all of my static
ip addresses assigned to 1 physical NIC and the use iptables to make them
do the right thing.

With Speakeasy they are true static addresses. For some it does not matter,
for others it does.

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl@rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123@rogueind.com