Douglas Muth on 1 Jun 2006 14:14:32 -0000

Re: [PLUG] voip...

On 6/1/06, George Gallen <ggallen@slackinc.com> wrote:
in the larger cities, I believe the 911 is forwarded to the local 911 center,
and it forwards your name and address along with the call, so they know who
you are. Only problem is that is a tough one to test out...Eh, Hello? no no
emergency, just testing my internet phone's 911 system. Don't think that would
go over very kindly.

Actually, it seems that that people have been testing their 911 system and (from the psots I read), the 911 Dispatchers didn't seem to have any issues with it. Here's the thread I found on that topic:

http://www.vonage-forum.com/ftopic3841.html

-- Doug