gyoza on 2 Jun 2006 13:18:54 -0000

Re: [PLUG] voip...

I used 911 through Vonage and got an operator who then transfered me to
my local police department.  The police department didn't even see my
Caller-ID info.  I had to tell them my phone number, address, and, of
course, the nature of the emergency.

I guess it would help to keep a cell phone around just for 911, but that
doesn't provide location info either.  There are low cost wired phones
that could be used only for emergencies.  In my case, I take comfort in
knowing that there are three other apartments at my doorstep.