K.S. Bhaskar on 1 Jun 2006 14:35:06 -0000

Re: [PLUG] voip...

George --

I have been using Vonage since December.  It works.  Voice quality is
mostly OK, but sometimes not.  Calls get dropped more frequently than
with a landline.  Rumors are that Comcast delays Vonage IP packets,
but I have no substantiation of that.  We supposedly have 911 coverage
in our area.  Overall, Vomage works well enough at a lower price point
compared to the landline it replaced that we will stay with it.  We
kept the old phone number and the transition was smooth and seamless.
But make sure it's not your only phone - in my family, we each have a
cell phone, so not having a landline for emergencies is probably OK.

-- Bhaskar