gyoza on 2 Jun 2006 21:29:26 -0000

Re: [PLUG] voip...

Doug Crompton wrote:
> There is NO 911 when doing it this way unless you keep your local telco, which I intend to do. For $15-20 a
> month it is worth it.
In NJ Verizon has $5.20, $7.40, and $8.95 plans.  That's before all the
other charges Verizon tacks on.  I guess the first two would be for
emergencies only since they are limited to 20-75 message unites.  (I'm
not sure what a message unit is.)  The last one is unlimited local.

I might have gone for the lowest cost phone if I hadn't already canceled
the service.  It costs to much to activate again.