Jeremy Wakeman on 7 Jun 2006 20:09:11 -0000

Re: [PLUG] linux compatible MP3 players?

oN Wed, May 31, 2006 at 07:20:04PM -0400, W. Chris Shank wrote:

> I'm considering getting an MP3 player. Is the iPod Linux compatible at all? Is there another MP3 player that is Linux compatible? I guess by compatible, I mean that I can create playlists and upload them and songs to it. I suspect I'm the only one who doesn't have one of these yet - so I hope others here can tell me about their experiences.
<snip>

In my experience, you get more bang for your buck with non-apple players.  My 512 MB Samsung yp-t6 cost about the same as my sister-in-law's 512 ipod shuffle, but mine came with radio, recording (voice and radio), ogg support, and (small) visual output.  The samsung works great under linux (regular usb mass storage driver) - i keep all my music on a hd and transfer using mc or cp.

--

Jeremy John Wakeman
jeremywakeman@gmail.com