Isaac Bennetch on 30 Jun 2006 15:12:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] I need to control a Windows machine from Linux...

Good morning,

WSH is probably your friend here. You can write .vbs or even .js files
that (I think) can be used to control IE [1]. I'm pretty sure you can
use telnet [2] to launch the script remotely, even though I've never
done anything like this.

~ipb

[1]: Just a few quick Google hits I found that may be useful:
http://www.scala.com/forum/printing-within-ic-designer-1019.html
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript/browse_thread/thread/7f774e154e05b0c0/cf31ecf120884aa2%23cf31ecf120884aa2

[2]: I know w2k server comes with a telnet server and believe XP and
2k3 do also. I'm not sure about other versions. I think there are also
third party telnet servers, if you so desire. Better still -- install
cygwin and use ssh.