George Gallen on 30 Jun 2006 14:46:15 -0000

[PLUG] I need to control a Windows machine from Linux...

Title: I need to control a Windows machine from Linux...

Sounds worse than it what I need.

Here's what I need to do.

1. Create an HTML/_javascript_ page on our Linux machine,
       then write that page onto on of our windows machine.   (check, done)

2. Tell the windows machine to launch IE with this internal C:\ URL

3. Tell IE to print the HTML document (which would create a file)

4. Read the file created back into linix (check, done)

5. wrap it and sent it to a choice of printers (check, done).

It's steps 2 & 3 that I'm looking for a program to do.

Basically, I have an HTML page that loads up a bunch of images and text
associated with the images. It is formatted so when the print is made, each
printed page contains two of the images vertically. I'm using IE specifically
because I'm utilizing the image manipulation styles (DXImageTransform).
and it's ability to render an HTML page into a printed page. Then I want to
send that printed page(s) to specific printer, which could be in the building
or it could remote anywhere on the internet.

What I'm looking for is a way to tell Windows (XP in this case) to launch IE and URL
(the HTML as an OnLoad command to document.print(); so I don't need to click print)
But I will need to tell IE "print" when the "print..." box comes up. The default printer
on this machine will send to a print file and not an actual printer.

Are there any Public domain programs (win) that I can do this with?

George Gallen
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Accounting/Data Division
ggallen@slackinc.com
ph:856.848.1000 Ext 220

SLACK Incorporated - Delivering the best in health care information and education worldwide.
http://www.slackinc.com