Andrew Gwozdziewycz on 5 Jul 2006 15:04:10 -0000

Re: [PLUG] GNU/Linux based iPhoto type applications?

On Jul 5, 2006, at 9:46 AM, Toby DiPasquale wrote:

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 09:33:17AM -0400, Andrew Gwozdziewycz wrote:
I'm searching for a good iPhoto replacement. It'd be great if it
supported NEF and had some editing capabilities, anyone know of/use
anything out there?

Wasn't there an iPhoto-clone from Linspire a while ago? I think they
called it 'lPhoto', to go along with their 'lTunes' app. Not sure if it
had/has the editing capabilities you are looking for, but it appears to
live here: http://lphoto.com/
Oh, ok, its written in Python, so you should be able to extend it to do
whatever editing you need, if you are so inclined/skilled. Also, note the
dependencies required for running this on a non-Linspire system:

Interesting, it looks like it might work out ok. I'll have to check it out, though i'm not a huge fan of QT... But, perhaps
i could live with it..

Doesn't seem to say about NEF, but it uses gphoto2 underneath, so I would
imagine that it might, since a number of Nikon cameras are listed as being
supported by that library:

Yup, gphoto2 claims to support the d70s. we'll see...