Will Dyson on 18 Jul 2006 21:55:37 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Upgraded from Breezy to Dapper

On 7/18/06, Art Alexion <art.alexion@verizon.net> wrote:

When I went Warty->Hoary->Breezy, I also deleted the old CD in sources.list
and downloaded and added the new one.  Cut back on download time in the
upgrade process and gave me a backup disk if I needed it.  I understand that
Dapper CD being recommended at the web site is an installable live CD (that
doesn't do upgrades).  In light of this difference, I am wondering if I
should do the same with this upgrade.  I think there is also a standard
install CD available if one digs around a bit.

Indeed, it is labeled as the "alternate" install cd (for servers, upgrades, etc).

Make sure you have the dapper-updates repository, as there is at least
one bug fixed there that bites on upgrade from Breezy -> Dapper (in
pcmcia-utils, I think).

--
Will Dyson