Douglas Muth on 24 Jul 2006 12:38:24 -0000

Re: [PLUG] BroadVoice Subscribers?

On 7/24/06, Jason <jcostom@gmail.com> wrote:

Stay away, far far away from BroadVoice.

Several folks have had horrible problems with them, and not technical
problems either.  Their terms of service give them the right to change
your account to a business account, and retroactively charge you for
service back to day one at a much higher rate, plus a penalty.
They're a class-action suit waiting to happen.

Wow.

Forget about the class-action suit aspect, I'm surprised they haven't
been shut down by the volume of chargebacks this is likely to
generate. (As I learned two jobs ago, chargeback volumes in excess of
1% get you in trouble with your bank)

-- Doug