Jason on 24 Jul 2006 11:28:48 -0000

Re: [PLUG] BroadVoice Subscribers?

On 7/18/06, gyoza@comcast.net <gyoza@comcast.net> wrote:
Does anyone use BroadVoice for VoIP so I can get a referral?  (I'm
guessing there will be some reward.)

Stay away, far far away from BroadVoice.

Several folks have had horrible problems with them, and not technical
problems either.  Their terms of service give them the right to change
your account to a business account, and retroactively charge you for
service back to day one at a much higher rate, plus a penalty.
They're a class-action suit waiting to happen.

Run away.

On my Asterisk setup here (Trixbox 1.1.1), I've got several calling
options setup:

- SIP trunk to Gizmo/sipphone.com
- IAX2 trunk to Freeworld Dialup
- IAX2 to voipjet (nice, cheap outbound calling)
- SIP trunk to voipdiscount (free calls to lots of countries, and all of US)
- SIP trunk to a Sipura SPA-3000 for the POTS line

As others have said, iax.cc is good.  voipjet is also good, but they
don't provide inbound services.  And voipdiscount - well, it's pretty
tough to beat free.