Kevin Brosius on 24 Jul 2006 11:36:16 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: Verizon FIOS..Any thoughts?

Matt wrote:
> >> Has anyone seen any pricing on them??
> >
> > It always takes me a while to find the business prices on verizon's
> > site...
> >
> > Dynamic
> > 5/2 $39.95/month
> > 15/2 $59.95/month
> > 5/5 $169.95/month
> > 30/5 $349.95/month
> >
> > "Static IP options are also available for at a higher cost.If you are
> > interested ordering Static IP, please call us" ...
> >
> > That's for my local area, in Lansdale. I see they've taken the static
> > pricing off the page, which is kind of disappointing, as those are the
> > prices I'm interested in seeing.
> >

> That is for consumer FIOS. You want to look at business at
> http://biz.verizon.net/pands/fios/features.asp

No, actually, it's not consumer FIOS.  Those are the dynamic business
plans listed here.  Notice the new 5/5 plan, along with the existing
plans that show in your link.

> "*Static IP packages include 1 or 5 IP addresses. Additional Static IP
> addresses are available at an extra fee."
>
> It's right below the plan listings. The wording implies up to 5 are
> included for free and an undisclosed amount are available for an extra fee.

Do you know what area these prices are for?  The FIOS forum over on
broadband reports pointed me at a nice summary of new pricing plans for
both consumer and business plans, but it is for NY, NJ, and CT.

http://newscenter.verizon.com/proactive/newsroom/release.vtml?id=93604&PROACTIVE_ID=cecdc6c9ccc9cdc7c8c5cecfcfcfc5cecdcec9cdcacfcdcfc8c5cf

--
Kevin Brosius