TuskenTower on 24 Jul 2006 18:35:24 -0000

[PLUG] Has anyone used Cavalier Telephone?

All,
 I don't currently have a land line and I just got out of Comcast's
cable Internet promo period (29.99/mo).  So I'm looking for a
telephone comany (no VOIP for me) and DSL provider.  CavTel is
offering a DSL+Phone package for $50, which is cheaper than getting a
phone line + DSL (from Earthlink or Speakeasy) or a dry-line
(Speakeasy).

Does anyone have any experience with CavTel?  I checked dslreports and
searched to see if CavTel blocks port 80.  This website,
http://www.dslwebserver.com/main/isp-hot-list.html, lists CavTel as an
ISP that doesn't block port 80.  Other than that I can't find anything
definitive (and I don't feel like getting lied to by sales).

Thanks,
Amul