Lee Marzke on 25 Jul 2006 14:33:47 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: Verizon FIOS..Any thoughts?

Doug Crompton wrote:

I also don't know what the power requirements are for the large FIOS boxes they put on the poles. I assume there are batteries in there also??? The bottom line is you cannot depend on it in a power failure. It is probably a level better then cable which usually always goes out in a power failure but not as good a good old copper.

Don't know if it was a FIOS box, but when we had the last extended power failure
after the storm some of the power poles around here had portable generators chained
to them to run the box.

Lee

begin:vcard
fn:Lee Marzke