sean finney on 31 Jul 2006 20:35:42 -0000

Re: [PLUG] what would cause this...?

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 03:31:25PM -0400, George Gallen wrote:
> After our aborted (but partially started) RH 8.0 upgrade, I found a psdevtab file in my /tmp directory
>   that was created around the time, I first noticed the problem this am (when I logged in).

you might want to check to make sure you're not rooted.  i don't know if
it's possible to count the number of vulnerabilities in rh 7.2/8.0

in any event, for *all* of this you might as well boot off a live
cd to investigate.  most importantly stop using any binaries on
the filesystem because you can't trust them (either due to corruption
or rootkitting).

	sean