sean finney on 3 Aug 2006 18:11:01 -0000

Re: [PLUG] initrd/udev hell...again

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 02:03:15PM -0400, Jon Nelson wrote:
> Well I messed around with the GRUB shell and I have found that the 'boot'
> command appears to be the culprit.  That command boots the OS so is that
> indicating that my kernel is hosed?

possibly... the kernel, the initrd, or the bootloaders' ability to read
in the kernel.  does the kernel load at all this way, or does it really
just stop at the "boot" message?  if "quiet" is on the kernel cmdline,
you should remove it.  if it does load up, where does it stop?  what
options are being passed to the kernel?

	sean