schwepes on 5 Aug 2006 15:10:04 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Graphic spam

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, Art Alexion wrote:

> I have been getting a lot of spam lately that is very clever at evading
> filters.  The message text is random, so spamassassin and bogofilter can't
> see a pattern.  The actual spam solicitation is contained in a floating
> graphic -- touting the same stock, but binarily (?) different.
>
> I figured the best way to filter it is to find out what is common and create a
> manual filter to catch it.

Since I've been receiving that trash too, I wonder who is sending it
and why.  It's even more comical as by using Pine, I am immune to
the attachments opening up.
I wonder if some of these actually are coded messeges sent as spam to
a list that actually includes the intended recipients so as to
avoid NSA scrutiny.
bs