Malcolm J Harwood on 10 Aug 2006 15:44:28 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Computer Case recommendations?

On Thursday 10 August 2006 08:42, Daniel.G.Roberts@sanofi-aventis.com wrote:

> am not sure if these are even made anymore. The quieter the case the
> better!

If you want a quiet case, the Antek cases and power supplies are great
(cf http://www.antec.com/us/pro_en_lifeStyle.html), and they make some
smallish form factor ones. Combine that with a quiet CPU fan and the first
time I powered mine up I didn't think it was working as I couldn't hear it.

They are somewhat expensive (in the $100 range, depending what you get and
where) but well worth it if you value the quiet.

--
"Well, do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real
 and in the present tense?"