gyoza on 10 Aug 2006 17:28:53 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Computer Case recommendations?

Sorry to say, either it's just easy for me, or it just isn't that difficult to build computers these days. Shopping for parts is a little trouble unless you just buy anything. Building is like Legos. Installing software is like Legos. Dealing with software problems is the most difficult part, I think.

Example: I built my brother a computer that didn't require any add-in cards. Everything is built into the motherboard. I did have to exchange the memory because it wasn't running at the rated speed. (It turned out well because now the memory is not only is running full speed, but it's in dual-channel mode.) Other than that it was extremely easy. However, I have been dealing with Kubuntu Linux issues since then. Currently, audio issues. (The good news is that Linux is easy to work on from 30 miles away.)

Daniel.G.Roberts@sanofi-aventis.com wrote:
Yeah..I want my son to really experience how complicated it is to build his own computer..have the reward of doing so and as well appreciate the effort I currently put in having our family computer up and running as well..
He will have to build his own and install all the software and stuff.
Or course I will help out but he is going to run the show..
Dan