Mark M. Hoffman on 12 Aug 2006 16:26:42 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Computer Case recommendations?

Hi there:

* gyoza@comcast.net <gyoza@comcast.net> [2006-08-10 13:28:17 -0400]:
> Example: I built my brother a computer that didn't require any add-in
> cards.  Everything is built into the motherboard.  I did have to
> exchange the memory because it wasn't running at the rated speed.  (It
> turned out well because now the memory is not only is running full
> speed, but it's in dual-channel mode.)  Other than that it was extremely

Always run memtest86 (http://www.memtest86.org/) on new memory, new
mainboard, when moving memory to a different system, when changing BIOS
settings even.  Run it for a solid week if you have the patience.  Bad
RAM is one of the most common hardware problems, and to make it worse
it always looks like bad software.

Regards,

--
Mark M. Hoffman