Stephen Gran on 31 Aug 2006 17:47:18 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Debian cron question - root and the system wide file

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 10:34:48AM -0700, Marc Zucchelli said:
> I dont know how to check the version, but the bottom
> of the man page has vixies email address.  It would be
> whatever version comes with the default install of
> debian.
>
> Is it possible debian made a mistake with that one?

Anything's possible, but I'm using the sarge version of vixie cron on
roughly 100 systems without this problem, so I'm not quite sure that the
problem is there yet.  Is it possible that at some point you cat'ed
those files to | crontab - by mistake?  Do you see error messages in the
logs about those broken cron entries?

I'm having a hard time understanding
a) how this could have happened
b) how this could have worked
|  Stephen Gran                  | Androphobia:  Fear of men.              |
|  steve@lobefin.net             |                                         |