Stephen Gran on 13 Sep 2006 23:17:56 -0000

Re: [PLUG] HP 1160

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 01:35:21PM -0400, George Gallen said:
> no, do you know if it will print on card stock (paper as thick as postcards).
> The specs say it takes cards, and heavy weight paper, but doesn't say if the
> cards go in the paper tray or only used on the manual feed.
>
> Our use will use 8 1/2 x 11" 80# paper stock.
>
> At least I know I should be able to hook up an external printer server to and
> use it as a network printer....these days, that have the battle.

I can honestly say it's one of the stupidest printers I have ever met.
I doubt it will do anything interestingly complicated.  Todd seems to
have done the google work for you on this one, and I have nothing clever
to add (sadly, there is no magic 'behave' option).  It works fine under
linux, but will probably not do what you want it to do.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Causes moderate eye irritation.         |
|  steve@lobefin.net             |                                         |