George Gallen on 20 Sep 2006 17:58:28 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Tracking a Dynamic IP address...

Getting the IP wasn't an issue. All I'd have to do is link to our
own server, and record the incoming IP address.

I was looking for a package that would make any adjustments to the
/etc/host file, as well as cycle lpc (if that even needs to be done).

However, in looking at the docs for ddclient (using dyndns.org) it was
far too much easier to just use their service giving it one of dyndns'
domain names. I will be able to test everything next week, so until then
i'm assuming it works as expected.

George