Claude M. Schrader on 20 Sep 2006 17:47:20 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Tracking a Dynamic IP address...

If you wanted to go the DIY route, you could always do something like:

curl http://whatismyip.org/ | mail -s "Current IP Address"
root@example.com

Then use procmail on the client machine to pass that IP to a shell script
that will update the hosts file, or dns or whatever