sean finney on 8 Oct 2006 17:06:46 -0000

Re: [PLUG] After dist_upgrade, kubuntu system won't boot

hey art,

> The only boot problem I still detect is that init stalls on HAL
> initialization.  It complains that it can't create a file because the
> directory already exists.  I was able to continue booting by pressing ctrl+c
> and ctrl+d a few times.  Any suggestions here?  I will need to reboot to find
> out the precise file overwriting problem and whether ctrl+c or d was what did
> the trick.

you could always try reinstalling that too ("dpkg -S filename" will tell
you what package "owns" a file, btw).  otherwise, you'll need to post
more information (logs, error messages, etc) if you want more help.

	sean