Morgan on 17 Oct 2006 20:20:28 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Linux Compatible Laptop

Michael et al,

This is my first Thinkpad, IBM or Lenovo but I would say the quality hasn't suffered at all going to Lenovo. I've heard the quality has gone up and I don't have any trouble believing it. I have used many laptops over the years and have never seen one as well made as my Lenovo t60.

I *believe* the t60 was the first fully Lenovo manufactured and designed laptop. They have retained all of the features that make a Thinkpad a Thinkpad according to what I've read. There are several good reviews online.

Now, Lenovo has recently released a consumer oriented line, the 3000 series I think, that from what I've read is the same or slightly lower in quality to the Inspiron. From a quick look at their website they're not using the Thinkpad designation though.. a good sign, keep the premium line premium, don't put a Jaguar logo on a Ford, it cheapens the brand.

-morgan