Paul L. Snyder on 18 Oct 2006 01:15:12 -0000

Re: [PLUG] how to transfer gigabytes without tech support

Sounds like you've got it solved, but another possibility (if you're
not too hung up on the security side of the equation) would be to set
up a bittorrent tracker to serve just that file.  Hm, see for example

  http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2005/08/25/bittorrent.html

Some versions of rsync do have file size limits of 2GB or 4GB, so you
may run into difficulties there.  Ditto some versions of scp.
Bittorrent can definitely deal with really big files, and will handle
resumptions gracefully in case of interruption.

pls