plug . 20 . chth on 19 Oct 2006 01:33:53 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Linux Compatible Laptop

From: Benjamin Krein <superbenk@superk.org >

While I totally agree that Thinkpads (at least the older IBM variety)
are the best Linux laptop solution, I also feel obligated to point out
that I've had amazing success with my HP Pavilion dv1245cl .

I also have a DV 1000 series HP Pavlion and am very happy with the support. And in Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper) everything worked out of the box, even hibernate, suspend and the media card reader.

The only thing I haven't gotten to work is the built-in media card reader.

Have you tried it recently? The media card reader was the only thing that didn't work for me before upgrading to Ubuntu 6.06, but with the upgrade it worked flawlessly without needing any special configuration.